What if you could grow anything?
We believe the most important thing to program this century isn’t computers. It’s DNA. We’re building a platform to make biology easier to engineer. And we’re building it for you.
Want to learn more about how our platform can grow your products? Talk to our team today about how a cell program can work for you or how cell development kits can give you quick data for your business. Learn more below.
Cell programming is hard.
Biology is complex and highly variable, making it difficult for you to design and build new organisms. The result? It takes many years, dollars, and people to optimize the microbes you want to build. Growing the alternative food proteins, vaccine ingredients, biodegradable plastics, sustainable chemicals, and all the other ideas you’re dreaming up should be easier!
That’s why we’re working to make biology easier to engineer. Our platform assembles the tools, infrastructure, and people that you need to design, build, and test new organisms. We use our platform to program cells for you.
You can work with us in two ways:
- Cell Programs allow you to leverage the breadth and depth of our platform to help advance your project from idea to commercial launch.
- Cell Development Kits provide a low cost, streamlined pathway for you to access the platform to build prototypes of your cell program in phases.
Want to learn more about how our platform can grow your products? Talk to our team today. Let’s grow the future together.
Our platform runs on two pillars: our foundry and our codebase. How does it work? You share your design specs. We feed them into the platform. Then, you receive a cell program or data to take the next steps for your business.
- The Foundry is our biological factory, which combines hardware, software, and automation to run repeatable experiments at scale. The Foundry lets us prototype thousands of designs for you to build an organism for your unique needs.
- Every experiment we do generates Codebase: a growing set of cells, enzymes, genetic programs, data, and knowledge. The goal: a vast set of information we can reuse to give your project a head start and find creative ways around biological constraints.
Use Ginkgo’s Platform to Create Your Cell Program
Your product is unique and you need a project tailor-made to your specifications.
With our cell program partners, we are:
- Engineering cells to produce essential components for mRNA vaccines to increase their access around the globe.
- Unlocking access to rare and important molecules found in nature, including compounds from cannabis as well as fragrances and flavors that are difficult to extract in nature.
- Addressing the ecological challenges in the meat and dairy industry by helping create animal proteins without the need for animals.
- Advancing investigational medicines aimed at helping patients with genetic diseases.
- Reducing the amount of industrial fertilizer used to grow vital crops by engineering nitrogen-fixing microbes.
- Combating antibiotic-resistant bacteria by mining bacterial genomes.
And we’re just getting started. What can we grow for you? Contact our team today.
Introducing: Cell Development Kits — Your Fast-Track onto the Platform
We’ve made it even easier to design biology with our Cell Development Kits (CDKs). A CDK contains the key components you need to build a custom organism: pre-engineered cells, specialized equipment, automation, expertise, and the infrastructure to design, build, and test your custom organism.
Our first CDK offering focuses on protein expression and starts as low as $100,000. It allows you to access our platform, expertise, and scale, providing you with the proof of concept that you need to move your work forward from idea to commercialization.
The service is designed to enable you to prototype your idea in phases, with each phase providing data that can inform your project and business strategy.
Cell Development Kits are your quick entry-point to develop your product on Ginkgo’s platform and provide access to our extensive cell programming capabilities, expertise, and scale.
Input: You provide your target protein or enzyme sequence.
- Design: We generate multiple unique designs with high potential for expression.
- Build: We synthesize and assemble designs in a validated host.
- Test: We use high-throughput screening to evaluate the engineered strains’ performance at lab scale.
- Ferment: We validate the highest-performing strains in a scalable fermentation model.
Output: We provide data on your protein expression concept measured and validated with key metrics, which may include process, rate, titer, and proteomics.
Why should you care?
We believe CDKs can reduce the cost of developing your projects and accelerate your time to market. Ginkgo’s CDKs can also provide you with a proof of concept while helping you rapidly derisk future investments. Let us build your organism so you can focus on the fun part: building and selling your product!